Anyhoo, My boss bought me a gift card for Liberty of London fabric for Christmas in 2012 and I've been searching for a perfect pattern for the print I chose. It needed to be simple, because the print is very busy and it's repetitive. Instead of choosing a typical, tiny floral print, I ended up choosing a print that is a large, repeating scallop. I essentially have to treat it as a stripe. Ugg, why am I so attracted to stripes. Such a pain in my ass!
I used Burda 02/2013 #135 for my first test garment because it is simple and I thought it looked cute in the magazine.
I'm not too impressed with how the top turned out. I used a super cheap ($1/yd) cotton fabric I bought at the swapmeet years ago. I think it's one of the first fabrics I purchased there. Once I got the top mostly made, I realized the neckline was really bad. I chopped the neckline down to fit these crazy lace collars I bought at the swapmeet for probably 25 cents. Yup, they were very cheap. I hand stitched them on, and even though it took a long time, I sort of enjoyed it. Instead of stitching the binding like the Burda instructions stated, I sewed it right sides together and then flipped it entirely to the inside and topstitched 1/4" away from the neck edge.
In a different fabric, this may be cuter. It's comfy, but it does wrinkle easily. I don't wear it much, but it was fun to make.
My Pattern Review is here.