Friday, August 27, 2010

2 New Followers and Pearl the Velcro WonderDog

Sorry for the lack of good posts lately.  I'm still in the process of moving and cleaning my apt. Right now I'm sitting in the manager's office enjoying the free AC while workers are cleaning my carpets.  Upon move out, I have to get my carpets professionally cleaned.  It is cheaper to hire someone myself than allow the apt complex to do it, so its one more thing I had to worry about.   After the the move (which went relatively smoothly) I brought my sewing machine and a bunch of UFOs back up to Sac to work on, but neglected to bring any tools or notions.  I am a complete moron! They are in a ziplock bag ready to be put into my suitcase in my sewing drawer in SoCal.  Poo... So not much sewing for me, but hopefully a lot more blogging.  

As most of you already know, I like to give a shout-out to all my new followers.  This is a relatively easy task, because I have so few.  And guess what....I have 2 new official "Followers" of my blog.  Woohoo!  I have a few more on Google Reader (Thanks Google Reader readers, hehe) too!  My new followers are Sarah and Alexandra.  Alexandra has a cool sewing and crafts blog.  She has made some nice skirts and knit tops.  Her dog is pretty cute too. Check her out.

Here is a gratuitous picture of Pearl:

Pearl just sneezed.  This is her attempt to wipe her nose. :)
 I hope I haven't already posted this picture.  Sorry if I have.  I love this pic because Pearl is velcro. Everything sticks to her for some reason.  Leaves, tissues, twigs, grass, bits of food....and its not just her face.  Pearl is magnetic.  

I thought about sticking fake baby chicks all over her and calling her a "Chick Magnet" for Halloween.  I've had women run across the street squealing and flailing there arms to meet Pearl.  Once at Picnic Day (big open House at UCD) I had my male former roommate watch her for a bit and count the number of girls that approached him. I think it was 8 or 9 girls in a 10 minute period.  I've joked about renting her out to bachelors.  What do you think??? hehe....
 

No comments:

Post a Comment