Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Pearl's UFO

I made Pearl a new outfit!  In the winter, Pearl likes to wear warm clothes. I'm sure some of you don't believe me, but she really does.  She gets very excited when I put her in her little outfits and even helps by diving head first into to doggie garment, and then lifting her paws one at a time to help me get dress her.  She refuses to wear booties, hats and hoods.  Believe me, I've tried.

I took one of Pearl's existing store-bought onesies and used it as a pattern to make her a new one.  I just measured and traced around the curves.  It was completely unscientific. I even used a grocery bag for my pattern pieces.  I had scraps from the amazingly soft knit and used it to make Pearl's onesie. For months I've had the body of the outfit done (all serged), but left the binding off.  I had started a binding using self fabric, but I did not have a enough to go around the bottom hole, so I had to rip it off and its been sitting until this weekend. I remembered that I just bought some knit binding at an amazing estate sale and decided to use it for the project.  It's not perfect, but its done. :)

Here's Pearl in all her glory:

She's such a happy puppy!

From the top:

She's the best dog model:

Maybe I'll post the sailor dress I made her.  Anyone have a burning desire to see it?


2 comments:

  1. OMG that's too cute. My dog is a dedicated nudist!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to see the sailor dress! My little Pearl is sew cute!

    ReplyDelete