Sunday, June 9, 2013
A little bit of Home Dec.
The fabric is a vintage barkcloth-like fabric I got at an estate sale my mom and I stopped at on a whim after seeing a sign on the side of the street. I was originally going to use it for dining room chair covers, but decided to use it for pillows instead. One day, if I have a kitchen with a small window over the sink, I will use the rest to make a curtain. I thought it would be cool to pipe around the pillow and found the perfect red-orange vintage piping in the stash. Unfortunately, I did not have enough for both pillows. I went to Joann's to try to find a match, but the red piping there was not a close match. I chose a light lime green instead.
Like I said, I used the serger to make the pillows. The piping foot is awesome. It worked perfectly!