Thursday, January 6, 2011

FIDM: A New Chapter

Just started back at FIDM for my second quarter!  I've only had 2 classes so far, but they both seem pretty good, especially my Sketching II class with Mrs. Riegelman.  I've very excited to learn from the author of these two AMAZING books:
















Just got Colors for Modern Fashion today and it is beautiful!  It teaches you how all about drawing in color with color pencil, Prismacolor markers, and other color media.  I'm really excited to learn from her.  















I already feel I am improving.  Working with color is difficult, but much more fun than working in graphite pencil.  I also like her teaching style better than my previous teacher.  Not that he didn't sketch well.

I also had my Fashion Seminar class.  The text for this class is:
















It is the first textbook I've had that reads like a textbook. I've only read a few pages.  If you are curious about the text, email me and I'll review it for you once I've read a little more.

I have Draping and Garment Construction on Tuesday and Technical Sketching on Wednesday.

In actual sewing news, after I finished all the Xmas presents, I had no time to start this project:

The pink version here.

Using this wool fabric I bought back in September in L.A.:


I had a few minutes, so I cut out a pair of pj pants for me because you can never have enough pjs IMO.  
My mom bought this adorable flannel at a swap meet, but there was only 2 yds.  I'll show you them when they are finished.  They are going to be cute and not quite your standard pjs.


Finally, thanks to my new followers!

Rachel of l'oiseau, a design student from Arkansas, Crystal, and Gabrielle (I think you joined recently).

It's getting much harder to figure out who's a new follower!  Thanks for everyone's support!

If I've missed ya, let me know!


I'm not sure I'm going to post anything for the New Year (ie. past goals met, which obviously weren't blogged and goals for this year).

















1 comment:

  1. I'd love to study fashion design in a formal way. Having said that, I wouldn't want a career in fashion. Designing and making clothes is a passionate hobby only. Unfortunately design schools in Australia don't accept passionate hobbyists.

    ReplyDelete