Sunday, October 16, 2011

Vintage Hat Pattern Vogue 6121


My mom and I found this cute 1960's head scarf pattern at the flea market today.  It was such a good deal that we didn't even bother to open it up to check for all the pieces and instructions.  Well, we should have because the instructions are missing :( Views A and B seam pretty self explanatory from the pattern pieces, but Views C and D confuse me.  I think I could figure it out, but my mom could not and she was hoping to make a hat/scarf today :)  Bummer, huh?

Does anyone have a copy of this pattern and could scan the instructions for me? I'd be forever grateful and the good karma fairies will make a visit I'm sure :)  The wonderful pattern site Blue Gardenia has a copy of the pattern in mint condition, but it is too pricey for me.  

I also got this sweet children's book "Love is a Special Way of Feeling"
ref=sib_dp_pt.jpg
I love the illustrations in it


Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.  It's back to sketching for me..... :(

9 comments:

  1. I wish I had the pattern I would for sure scan you a copy of the directions. Pooy I don't. But maybe someone in blog land will have it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://mshepburnscloset.blogspot.com/2011/02/audrey-hepburn-in-charade.html?showComment=1318810660313#c4557528796838630770

    I found this, I left a post on her blog leaving your blog addy and that you were looking for the directions etc. Maybe she has them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a few vintage Vogue hat patterns, but not this one :-( It's lovely and I hope you find the instructions so you can sew it and show us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe you could show us a picture of the pattern pieces, and we might be able to give some help with how to piece them together. good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the pattern but I am having printer/scanner issues ... Give me a week I should be able to get the instructions to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have this one, including instructions, and I have a scanner. Any preferences for how to get them to you? I do not have a blogger account.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here is a link to the scanned instructions on Flickr. I'll leave them there for a couple of weeks. http://www.flickr.com/photos/28871491@N05/sets/72157627913998248/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Texan for looking for me. Now I have a fun new blog to read! Thank you locosewer for the offer. Super generous! SondraG, thank you for posting the instructions on flickr! I took screen captures of the flickr images and will have to blow some of them up in photoshop. I showed my mom and she got really excited too! I hope I have time to make one of the head scarfs soon!

    I am so thankful for this wonderful sewing blog community!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous pattern, and I am glad you have found the instructions... YAY! It will be super cute. I just adore view D... so reminiscent of Capuchin's delicious wardrobe from the original Pink Panther movie.... I believe she was a favourite model of, and dressed by, Yves St Laurent for the movie.

    ReplyDelete