This time, I took about 10 in. total from the gathers (to prevent the oh so flattering pregnancy look) and omitted the zipper. I also only interfaced the waistband and shortened the dress 4 inches.
I wrote a lot more on PR.
I'm really proud of this dress because it was supposed to be a quick and easy project, but turned out to be more challenging than it should have been. I had to rip out the sides 3 times on each side just to line up the side seams of the waistband and skirt. Such a pain in the butt. I overlocked almost the entire dress, including the attachment of the very curvy straps without basting. I've already worn it twice!
I'm currently working on this:
|View E (pictured)|
It's almost done, but I've had a lot of distractions lately and had a bit of trouble getting the back pleat to lay properly. This may end up being a wadder.