This was just one of those projects... When you sew for yourself, you can just decide the project you are working on is a wadder and give up. Or start over. I couldn't do that no matter how much I wanted to (well I could have and taken an F, but I'm not that kind of person). I did my best with the time that I had and made it work. I really hate my dress. I didn't like designing it (I'm not proud). I didn't like redesigning it (still not proud). Making the pattern was torture (only because I didn't like what I was making the pattern for). I hated the macrame and I really hated sewing the damn thing. I really despise sewing something I'm not proud of. The fabric was surprisingly easy to work with. My sewing machine didn't even have a problem with the knit.
My in-class critique went better than expected, but I don't think I'm going to get a good grade (which means I'll probably get a "B." A "B" is a bad grade in my book....don't hate me). I got decent comments from the teacher and the students which was really weird to me because other than being a different color, the dress is basically the same as the first one I turned in, but with ugly hemp macrame attached to it.
I'm really excited for the next draping project though, a bustier inspired by Valentino.
So here are pictures of "Macrame-d in Hell" Oh, they are on my mom's dress form, so the fit is a little off. I was too upset in class to take a picture of the dress on the Alva form. The dress hung (sp?) a little better on the school form so it wasn't a complete mess:
|Imagine the macrame being tacked down across the back at a diagonal to the back neckline. |
I had to do that by hand in class.
My mom came up with the name "Macrame-made in Heaven (or Hell)" I changed it to what you see on the title of this post.
I also came up with:
- Poop Brown Hippy Couture (Hippies, do not be offended. I love hippies.)
Don't judge, I'm tired....
My challenge for you readers is to come up with a better or equally good name (I kind of like "Macrame-d in Hell"). Any name. Clever/Funny is good. It doesn't haaave to be negative....
The best name will get this pattern that was never claimed in the follower giveaway I hosted a while back:
Here are the rules:
- Anyone can enter, International too. Just leave a comment with a name for my dress (don't worry, I won't be offended).
- Contest ends Friday August 12th at 6pm PST.
- I will choose (with the help of the Boyfriend and my family) my favorite name suggestion....so make them good.
- The winner will have 4 days from the announcement to claim their prize. I will pick another winner, if they do not claim the pattern.
- If it's waaay offensive (yes, I know I said I won't be offended) I will delete the comment.
- Also, only comment if you really, really want the pattern for yourself (please don't resell). :( If you don't want the pattern, but want to name the dress, just say so. I will not pick you as the pattern winner.