Thursday, March 31, 2011


Do you remember this from June of last year?  Geez, still a UFO, but night before I went to visit The Boyfriend in Northern Ca (still here btw),  I worked on the muslin.  I think I actually got it to fit! I had to take in the skirt (and straighten out the curve in the hip area), lengthen the skirt back darts and narrow them, narrow the skirt front darts, take in the bodice side seams, and take in the CB seam gradually from the waistline to the neck.  I hope this doesn't throw off the grainline, but it seemed to work in the muslin. I should probably slash it in the middle of the pattern piece at the back, overlap the amount I need and then add back to the CB line to keep the grainline straight.  Yeah, that's what I might do.  Does that make sense? I'm not sure it does.  I also decided to raise the waistline up 1/2".  Oh, and I made a hefty sloping should adjustment and I shortened the skirt by 2".

I have 3 whole days at the Craft Center and I'm going to sew! I have the fabric and lining picked out for this dress, and I plan on making muslins for a Cynthia Rowley dress, and a vintage shirt dress.

 Who knows how far I'll get, but I'll take pictures along the way. Unfortunately,  my cord to my camera is still at home so I won't be able to upload any time soon.  :(  I'm so excited to have time and a place to sew again.  Its like a mini sew-cation!

I also get to go to the Alameda Flea Market on Sunday! HOoray!  I hope the weather stays nice!

And since I have nothing new to show you, here's Pearl:

No comments:

Post a Comment