Monday, May 2, 2011

1 Year Blogoversary!

April 23rd was my Blogoversary!  I couldn't post the day of because it was a whirlwind of a day with an out-of-town wedding to attend and the Boyfriend was a groom's man.

Lately I've been a bad blogger.  No posts in forever, and nothing all that exciting to show.

The Boyfriend's birthday was this past week and since I wasn't in town then, I brought up all his birthday presents with me for the wedding.  I made him a cotton/linen shirt with the Negroni Pattern.  It actually fits him really well, but the short sleeves were too long so I need to hem them and then mail it back to him.  I never got a picture of him in the shirt!!! AHHH!  I remembered at 5:30am when we were packing up the car to go the airport.  :(

I'll get pictures one of these days and take pictures of the shirt when the sleeves are hemmed and it is pressed.

I'll have a full review of the pattern later, but overall it was a great pattern to sew.  It went together beautifully and the construction of the yoke was interesting. Another burrito method, but slightly different. I'm definitely going to make it again for a winter plaid shirt.  My dad might get a version of it too.  He tried on the Boyfriend's shirt, and although it was a bit too small I could tell that the larger size would fit him well.  Much better than the Victoria Jones pattern I made for him for X-mas.

So I've decided that I will definitely have a vintage pattern giveaway when I reach 75 Followers. It didn't quite coincide with the blogoversary, but oh well!

I want to thank everyone who has continued to read and comment on the blog.  I read every comment even if I don't respond and they all mean so much to me.  I love the sewing/craft blog community so much and am so thankful to be accepted into it.  :)

Thanks to CCInspirations for becoming my latest follower!

And of course, my Pearl:
The "deer-in-headlights" look.  

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on reaching one year!

    PS - looks like Pearl got a hair cut!

    ReplyDelete