Wednesday, June 9, 2010

More of the same...


Before I made the Diarrhea Dress (sorry, I love alliteration), I made a top using McCall's 5388.  I made view D with the same grey/white seersucker I got at a swapmeet.  At the time, I knew nothing about pattern sizing and looked on Pattern Review to get a clue as to which size to use.  I had made a semi-flop (which I'll post some other time) using a Built by Wendy pattern.  The B.B.W. shirt was too tight in the bust.  The lovely people on PR said the top ran big so I made an 8.  Looking back on it, it was is still a little to big, but if I make it again, and I think I will for summer, I'll make an 8 again but take in the side seams a smidge and take a wedge from the neckline to keep it from gaping open. I would probably make the other views. 

I am really proud of this top despite some mistakes.  It was my second shirt ever and I used french seams throughout, hand-stitched down the facing and put the sleeves well.  It is a little wrinkly on one side of the top band, which I think is due to my hand sewing.  Oh, well! I still wear it every so often because it is super comfortable and very breezy. 

 Don't pay attention to the wrinkles! It had been crumpled up in a tote bag and I had also just finished playing soccer!

Also, thanks to Crissy for becoming one of my followers!  She posts occasionally of SewRetro and has made some cute things!

Up next:  

My finished quilt and potholders.

Cynthia Rowley dress that I've been working on for too long (Life is distracting.  I have no time to sew!)

No comments:

Post a Comment