I am taking another fitting class with some friends (Hi Julie and Barbara!) Julie and I are making the same sheath dress. It's McCall's 5753. I am making the v-neck sleeveless version to get a good fit. I started with a size 10 and graded to a 12 at the hips (really my low butt and thigh area. I have no hips!) I also took a wedge from the neckline which worked great at preventing gaposis. My instructor told me not to do a sloping shoulder adj. yet, but looking at the muslin, I definitely need one. I knew it! I also cut between the 10 and 12 at the waist line to get some ease, but that was a bad idea. It is too big. I have no idea how the back fits because I cant pin it up myself. I need to get the Boyfriend to help. I also need to take about 1in. from the bodice length. So many adjustments!
Before the Saturday I will hopefully get to measure and make a muslin of McCall's 5661:
I'm going to be making the red. It is very fitted and I think it will be a great jumping off point for redrafting to make other styles. It buttons up the back which is very retro. I love that detail.
I also have this Simplicity 2446 cut out in a wearable muslin fabric:
dress made. I F'ed up the zipper. I'm going to take it out and see if it fits without. I love the dress and hopefully it will all work. It will go really well with my denim jacket.