Monday, September 20, 2010

1984 Disney Pajamas!


I'm a child of the 80's.  So when my friend pulled a few yards this baby Disney character fabric made in 1984 from her bag to put in the Craft Center "Free Pile", a wave of nostalgia hit me and I knew I had to own it.   My room for the first part of my life was decorated in primary colors and, gasp, clowns.  Looking back, it was a little scary.  The fabric really reminded me of my childhood, but I didn't quite know what to do with it once it was in my possession.   I would never want to be really seen wearing it in public (except for on this blog of course) so the only thing I could think to make was PJs.  I used Simplicity 3935.


And here they are!

Excited, can you tell?

Pardon the wrinkles. They jammed in a drawer prior to the photoshoot.

Oops! I got the lines to match up pretty well, but I have 2 wading pools on my butt!

Next up:

My other set of pajamas, pleated shorts, my bow cardigan, and a Pearl outfit!




4 comments: