Friday, September 3, 2010

Beautiful Blogger Award! Yay!

Thanks Kristine of Just Keep Sewing for thinking of me and nominating me for the Beautiful Blogger Award because because I'm "sweet enough to recognize every single new follower and she's new around the sewing blogosphere." Like she said, even though it is just a "virtual award" it is still an honor...and really soo cool! I love the sewing blog community and love being a part of it now.


The rules of the award state that you have to list 10 things about yourself that others do not know about you.  So here is my list of things that most of you readers don't know about me:

1)  I graduated from college with a B.S. in Neurobiology, Physiology, and Behavior with a minor in Comparative Literature.  Science just came easy for me, but I don't think I really enjoyed it.  I definitely was not a fan of lab work.  Now I'm going to fashion school. (One of my next posts will be about my registration process and the classes I will be taking! )

2)  I used to not be able to share a glass of water or eat off the same plate as someone else, but now its just limited to toothbrushes.  Sharing toothbrushes with anyone really freaks me out.   If someone accidently uses my toothbrush I can't ever use it again.  I also do not like sharing lollipops or licking the same popsicle.

3)  I saw a black bear this weekend.  We were in Yosemite driving back from a hike when we saw him cross the road in front of us.  I told the Boyfriend, "Don't worry. He's more afraid of us than we are of him." The Boyfriend was pretty scared.  He rolled up the windows so fast! The funny thing is, is that I had been whining that I wanted to see a bear right before he scampered across the path.  Maybe I should walk into a liquor store, complain about never winning the Lottery and then buy a ticket.  What do you think?

Gross, I know. We think this is bear poop, right in the middle of our trail. 

4)  My best friend says I look like a turtle when I walk while wearing my heavy green backpack.  I'm a bouncy walker.  I would be a terrible waitress, spilling beverages all over the place.  Apparently I could be spotted from the other side of the Quad.

5)  Every now and then I have a major craving for Kraft Mac and Cheese.  I know it's not the real thing, but it is so good.  The Boyfriend taught me that adding paprika makes it even better! (so does a bit of cayenne pepper).



6)  When I was in 4th grade, I wanted to be a dancer when I grew up even though I I hated performing in public, I had taken one dance class and quit, and had and still have two left feet.  I saw Stephanie on Full House dance in this recital the night before our yearbook blurb was due.  I think I also said my favorite color was black (which it was at the time).  The blurb makes me sound like I wanted to be a gothic stripper.

7)  One of my hobbies is taking pictures of weird signs.  My favorite is the first picture I took in Salem, Mass. of the Bunghole Liquor store.  I thought it was so funny at the time.

From jtl0218's album at webshots.com (not my own pic., but basically the same)
8)  I have always been a collector!  My first collection was of ceramic figurines starting with a cat in a boot when I was probably in kindergarten (or even younger).  I later moved on to Bob Mackie barbies, Steiff stuffed animals, vintage troll dolls, Muffy Bears, Pogs, and lots more.  I don't really have any collections now, but I guess I'm starting a fabric collection. Hehehe.

From Tiny Zippers. I had the two in the front, and a whole lot more.

From Tracy's Toys. I had trolls just like these.
Muffy bear! Image from  Toy-Mart.
9)  I really dislike parades and marching band music.  I always feel embarrassed for the people in them.  I know they aren't embarrassed and they are loving it, but I couldn't imagine smiling and waving for 2 hrs while people stare at me.  I'm really shy.

10)  Until this year, I had never been to a professional sporting event.  I went to a San Francisco Giants game this year.  I had more fun walking around the stadium and people watching than actually watching the game.  But, overall I had a great time.  I hate watching sports on TV though.  

Wow! That took me forever! 

So now I have the pleasure of nominating 5 wonderful bloggers and here they are:


  •   Bethany at Bitter Betty Blogs because was one of my first commenters and helped me out with some blogger issues I had.  That's when I knew I was joining such a great community; when a complete stranger offered help and advice. Her blog is all around an awesome "place" to visit. 
  •   J. Kaori at J. Kaori Designs because she is an amazing knitter, sewist, drafter, and blogger.  I love what she makes and she has been very inspiring to me.  And thanks for the Hawaii fabric store advice!
  • Gail of My Fabrication because I like her blog and my dog Pearl is having a long distance love affair with her dog Alf.  
  • Gwen of All my Seams because she was my very first "Follower."  I am so jealous of her sewing space too!  I have appreciated all her nice words about my garments.  :)
  • Sharon at Adventures from the Sewing Studio because I love her blog.  She makes really fun garments and her last post was probably my favorite post ever!  I wish I had the pattern she posted.  I would sooo make leopard skivies for the Boyfriend.

Thanks again Kristine for the nomination!  If you haven't read her blog, check her out too!

2 comments:

  1. I also found Biology fascinating, and majored in it. But, then found that I enjoyed teaching math more than science. Oops. Also a mac n cheese fan, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post is soooo funny! Gothic stripper :-)

    And after I make leopard skivies for my hubby I'll loan you the pattern. I just wonder if we could get them to pose for us. Seventies style pose would be even better

    I collect stuff too. Right now its both fabric and patterns. But I had a Barbie collection at one point.

    By the way, I'm one of those people smiling and waving in the parade that you feel sorry for :-)

    ReplyDelete